Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I know there are many issues with the whole "green plaid" issue, but mine seems a little different. I can fire my tv up, and sometimes it will come on and work fine the whole night, but mostly I have to fire it up a few times, maybe unplug it once or twice, before it works. Otherwise, I get this: see attached pic

The menu comes up fine, but any input on any connection comes up this pink/green screen with the spots. Like I said, it is similar to things already posted but not quite....

I know the digital boards are suspect right off the bat, but can someone give me a straight rundown of what boards are in these things? I have heard different terms for the same thing, so I just need to get the components straight, and probable causes for this issue. I have another tv that is distorted, including the menus, but the menus are fine.

In addition, sometimes the picture just freezes while the audio continues, and I have to restart the tv. Most times, the screen stays black even though the lamp is on.

If anyone can shed some light, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, no one has replied and I have not had time to pull things apart. Apparently no one else has this issue, or knows how to fix it. I am leaning towards the digital board, but with all inputs being messed up, it could be something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts