Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just planning on cutting it out with a jig saw but need to find a template or something to make a pattern to follow? any suggestions?

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
I was just planning on cutting it out with a jig saw but need to find a template or something to make a pattern to follow? any suggestions?
Even if a driver is said to be 15" it won't be exactly that size. Thusly, you will need to measure the specific driver you are planning on mounting and then build a jig. The easiest way I have found is using a plunge router with a self-made jig or an item such as the Jasper Jig (works well, but is made of a brittle acrylic material). A product such as this allows for easy, accurate, holes in a variety of sizes for a fairly good price if you don't want to make yourself a jig. This method will also allow for flush mounting of the driver which a jigsaw would not allow.

If you do not already own a router and have no interest in purchasing one. You could use a jigsaw with a clean cut wood blade (I recommend Bosch blades). You would either have to make a jig or use something like this. Please note, I have never used such a jig and would still recommend use of a router over this unit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do own a router. Not a plunge router but am decent with it. i will look up jasper router.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts