Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am building a new home and I am looking at starting over with all the home audio and video. I am setting up a media room and plan to have a projector there. I am also setting up about 6-8 zones in the house with ceiling speakers for music. I am a big music buff and listen to classic rock to alternatives also some Indian classical music, if I am not watching TV I always have some kind of music running in the background. My budget is about $10-15K, I don’t plan to spend all the money at once but would like to spread it out in about couple of years, but would like to buy stuff keeping in mind what I need in future. Even though I listen to lot of music, I have zero knowledge when it comes to audio equipment's. I have always managed with a portable players like Bose sound dock as I have been on road and living out of suitcase for most of my life. I also have an IMac which I plan to some how tie it to the set up to stream audio & video. And I don’t want to use those wall mount keypads in every zone (room) to control the music, I am looking at having some kind of app (iphone/ipad) that can control the music in different room. I don’t want to go to external sound consultants to do this, I would like to use this opportunity to learn all about this with the DIY project. Any recommendation or guidance is highly appreciated, this forum seem to have lot of veterans with wealth of knowledge.

I own all apple products and would like create an eco system that works well with it.

Thanks,
Manjit S

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome.....:wave:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome. I would like to know what solution you decide on for your whole home audio. I recently bought a house with all the rooms wired with speakers but previous owners have setup for 1 zone. I too am planning on multiple zones controlled by iPod/android.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not decided everything yet as I am still 3-4 months away from my house being complete. But I am going with Denon receiver with mutiple zone as it has an app on iphone to control the unit and will hook up an Mac Mini to it and that should act like a media server. Like I said I have not decided which model and how the set up will be but if you are not in a hurry, another 6 months I can send you what I'll come up with. If not send me what you end up with for your set up, any lessons learnt from your experiences will also be useful. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Welcome to HTS, Manjit S!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts