Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If memory serves, I believe I found my way here by way of a recommendation on the Home Theater Geeks Podcast where they talked about the Room EQ Wizard software. My primary interest is in improving the quality of my basement recording studio where I record and mix my own music and that of other artists here in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

I didn't have to listen to the HTG Podcast for long to realize there was a LOT that a guy with my interests could learn from home theater geeks and audiophiles, particularly when it comes to room acoustics.

I recently recorded and mixed a project for an acquaintance. The response was favorable, including requests from a couple people with money in hand to record them too. The down side was how many people described the project as sounding "bright" or "brassy." It's leading me to suspect that my ears are failing me. I'm in my early 40's and I've spent a lot of time at loud rock concerts, performing in front of guitar apms, and in a very loud truck cab. (My day job is "truck driver.")
I suspect I'm going to need a little help from metering software to make up for my deteriorating hearing!

Best Wishes,
Chuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yo...I'm a home recording geek as well hoping to gain and share knowledge as I boogie on. You can download the s/w you inquired about from the REW icon/link, upper right next to yer login name. I'm new to it myself...and away we go.....cheers+

bc

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS. :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to HTS.:wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts