Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ralph is a good source of information and products 570.....489-32 92
Also.
Audiogon has a home theatre section with some dealers that advertise as well as used equipment
Sorry, I was referring to sound dampening. Any good sources on that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Google quiet rock and they have a supplier database. Also for the wall cavity look at using mineral wool..it to is expensive but very good. As far as on wall treatments that a very specialized area and done at the end after everything is installed. Good luck you have a nice size space to work with.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
K, based on everyone's feed back, I've finished the room diagram and come up with and idea for speaker placement. This will be wired for a 7.2.6 system. Please post your opinions/suggests on whether you like it, any problems you see, or how I could improve. Thanks!

Basic Room Layout and Dimensions

Dolby 7.1.6 Overlay
Speaker Position.PNG

Speaker Position and Distance to Main Listening Position

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm planning on using PSB S's for my rear surrounds so multichannel music will be pumped into the rest of the room, but elevating them slightly so it will be a little more on axis to those standing in the room at the time. I just don't want to mess up the movie surround experience by doing so.
1. Is a speaker design like this okay to use for rear surrounds for movies?
2. Would elevating the rear surround mess up the movie surround experience?
3. If the side surrounds are at ear level, what height would you recommend for the rear surrounds?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts