Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After invaluable feedback from various members I've come up with this layout... what do you think

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
3 rows is a lot to fit in a room that length. 1' between rows isn't enough. Why not do 2 rows of 4? You have PLENTY of walkway width on both sides that could be reduced to allow the extra seat.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
3 rows is a lot to fit in a room that length. 1' between rows isn't enough. Why not do 2 rows of 4? You have PLENTY of walkway width on both sides that could be reduced to allow the extra seat.

Bryan
Completely agree - also, putting the rear row on the back wall is going to rather boomy for anyone sitting in that row.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
How big is the screen, 9 feet may be a bit close to sit especially if the screen is going to be 100" or bigger. If you are going to eliminate the 3rd row and move things back a bit it should be fine. I too agree three rows is pushing it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
1 foot between the rows will be like sitting on an airplane.

Have you considered a bar in the back or bean bags for front row to gain the number of seats u want?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Bryan
Hello Bryan,

I actually didn't intend on putting in recliners rather I am thinking couches. With platform width at 4.5 feet and the couch at 3 feet I will have about a food and a half left over for leg space. would it still be tight? ... I feel HT will be a social activity and will mostly have friends and family over when we use this. In that case I will need all the seating capacity I can get.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How big is the screen, 9 feet may be a bit close to sit especially if the screen is going to be 100" or bigger. If you are going to eliminate the 3rd row and move things back a bit it should be fine. I too agree three rows is pushing it.
The screen is at 90"X50". I was working through a THX calculation sheet and consulting different forum. It came out that the maximum viewing angle should not be more that 41 degrees... I'm at 45. I could consider a bar with comfy bar stool at the back...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 foot between the rows will be like sitting on an airplane.

Have you considered a bar in the back or bean bags for front row to gain the number of seats u want?
The space is actually 18". Bar in the back... good idea.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
absorbers can help some with sitting so close to the wall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts