Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just to add a little bit more to that last statement. Bowers has a very noble pedigree. They're the only speakers used at Abby Roads, Skywalker Ranch, and Air Studios.
There are a lot of M&K S150 MkIIs at Skywalker...can't say about the others...
They are a mature and refined sounding speaker with stunning highs that are not too aggressive and a smooth midrange. When properly paired with the right sub they blend quite well and the woofer will vanish in the room.
I loved the B&W 801s decades ago. I haven't been as impressed with the current line, they don't seem like the same company. In fact, I don't think they are, but what company is after 30 years?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm still chasing the first time I heard Martin Logan electrostats. Funny thing memories; they can color our perceptions. The new 801/2 towers are truly amazing with proper amplification. You really liked the silk dome over the diamond?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Minor correction to the last post, I think Skywalker has a bunch of M&K 2510p also, it's the powered version of the S150. You'll find pro testimonials here.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm still chasing the first time I heard Martin Logan electrostats. Funny thing memories; they can color our perceptions. The new 801/2 towers are truly amazing with proper amplification. You really liked the silk dome over the diamond?
Not sure I ever had a chance to compare the silk to diamond. These would have been mid 1980s 801s, whatever those were. We had them bi-amped with a rack full of amps, tried several, even blew up a demo amp from Bryston.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Should add...these were in a studio, primarily classical music and jazz. 2 track analog and digital, live mix-downs to stereo, no multi-track anything. Dolby A/SR NR.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts