Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3-seat Benchcraft electric theater seating setup and one of my seats will recline but not come back up. I believe it is the switch. It appears the company has gone out of business. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement switch?

· Registered
234 Posts
Are you sure it is Benchcraft and not Berkline? The Benchraft was Berkline's sister company that made non motion furniture.

Do you know what model number it is?

You may find some info on the tag attached to the back of the footrest.

Anyway, how do you know that it is a switch and not a power supply or an actuator?

Have you done any diagnostics?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Warrantee information lists BenchCraft Casual Living. I can't find a tag on the unit itself. The model number is WW-013.

All I know at this point is that there is power, it still reclines. Any suggestions on diagnostics I can run to narrow it down?
Thanks,
Richard

· Registered
234 Posts
Hard to tell you unless I know what we are going to be diagnosing...

Can you post some pictures?

Is that Home Theater Seating?

It is the first time I hear about Benchcraft making home theater recliners.

Can you also pot the pictures of the label that are on the transformer (power supply) and actuator (motor)?

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same issue with a Berkline electric middle seat. Can't seem to find anyone in my area (Erie, Pa) to repair it. If I can't repair it, is it possible to transform it to a static non-reclining chair until I can find a replacement for it or the entire front row? I don't like having it stuck in the reclining mode. Thanks for any advice.

· Registered
3 Posts
I dont understand why you don't like having it stuck in the reclining mode. If you dont like the reclining rhen you have to own new thing, Not repair. Most of the time, you will be able to repair the mechanism in these cases. You can install a replacement mechanism, cable, motor, or switch if we are not able to fix the existing one. As long as the furniture is made domestically, a certain number of recliner mechanisms are guaranteed for the life of the product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts