Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello and that I am new here and hope that it will be a good, useful experience for me here in the forum! I am going to be working with a 13' x 9' attic space with pitched ceilings for my home theater, and was hoping maybe some people could help me with placement and layout of a 7.1 system.

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
Welcome. Feel free to start a build thread for help along the way. For starters, I'd say that at 9x13, you'll want to go 5.1, not 7.1. Easier to place, less costly, and likely just as immersive...but that's down the road. Have fun at the shack!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I already have a Harmon Kardon AVR 254, polk monitor 30's for my front 2 channels, a boston acoustics center channel and 4 boston acoustics micro 110x satellites and a JBL 10' powered subwoofer. I have the stands and also 4 heavy duty wall brackets for the speakers of need be, so honestly I would like to roll with my 7.1, bc I have a blu-ray player and intend to dull ful DTS HD-MA and DOLBY TrueHD

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome, Bryan! I am sure that you will find help here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I am going to organize my thoughts and post my specs and room and stuff so that we can get the ball rolling with some assistance!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Bryan. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts