Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location. I am new to this forum and to home theater.
Here are my components:
Samsung LED/LCD 60" TV, 6300 series
Panasonic Home Theater, Model SC-BTT270
U-verse set top box with DVR
I am using an optical cable for sound output from TV to Home Theater box, and HDMI cables for U-verse box and Home theater box to the TV.

The problem:
When I turn everything on (U-verse remote is programmed to turn on all 3 components), the source defaults to the Home theater system. I then have to use the TV remote to change the source to the TV. I'd like for the TV to be the primary source.
I called Panasonic, they said to make sure the Vierra link was on (it was). Otherwise had no suggestions except to call Samsung.
I called Samsung, they had no suggestions.

Any suggestions on anything I can try?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I am not familiar with this "home theater" system. Do the sources all connect to it or to the TV. Without knowing how you have the system connected, it is hard to give advice. I suggest describing what you have connected to what.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I started reading I thought your problem would have been the other way around. Tv default and you wanted HT. My person preference is HT, in fact my TV speaker have never been used. I would imagine the HT system will always be the default because it reads the incoming signal from your U verse box and will turn on the HT by default. I would imagine this will be the only way it can be done. I would embrace the HT as your main sound source. It's always better in surround. Cheers:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts