Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Home theatre,dvd recorder + old tv

Tags
home recorder
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Wayne A. Pflughaupt 
The only solution we have come up with is to take out the S video cable (which is currently running from the DVD recorder to the TV) and plug it into the Home theatre system-which then we can view the movies-but then of course the dvd recorder will not work.
I want to be able to have both hooked up so that I have the option to use both systems as I like, without having to constantly unhook things!
Is this possible? What can I do?
Welcome to the Forum, Jackie!

Unfortunately, the big problem with budget home theater systems like your Philips HTS3566 is that they have limited connectivity options for adding additional equipment. This means you have to resort to outboard switching devices like your Philips P71150, which only add to the complication. In your case I'm not even sure if the switcher will even be beneficial. Sure, it will let you select which unit - HTS or DVD recorder - to send to the TV, but you'll still have the issue of getting the DVD recorder's audio back to the HTS.

It would help us a lot if you could provide links to the owners manuals for your TV, HTS, DVD recorder, and switcher for us to study. If not, maybe you could take pictures of the rear connection panels, or maybe scan the pages of your manuals that show the connection panels. Either way, you could upload them here.

Regards,
Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.