Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I just came back from (big picture people) a home theatre store here in Melbourne and purchased my cable, I went with a van den hul clear waters cable enough to wire for 7.2. They recommended two subs for that size room due to smothering to do with the way low frequency travels, I don't know but it sounded interesting. We also touched on Dolby atmos, he told me it's not a necessary to pre wire as it pretty easy to wire ceiling speakers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey guys
My room has been on hold for some time now due to some building issues but the matter has finally been resolved,
In regards to the theater room, how should I go about the front and rear stage, my room is using isolation clips and top hat batten to assist the noise, should I gyprock (plaster) the room first then build the stages, if so should I keep the stages 10mm (1nch) of the wall or am I right to build them and plaster around them.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I went with a van den hul clear waters cable enough to wire for 7.2.
That sounds like an expensive way to go... do you mean for your in-wall speaker wire? I'm just gonna throw it out there because it might save you a good deal of money. If you bought boutique speaker cable to run in the wall, and don't have a seriously high end system (with the wallet to match), there's a good chance you're overspending. Any half decent speaker cable should do fine, and if in-wall, it should be in-wall rated. You can get MUCH cheaper than that for arguably no loss in performance.

We also touched on Dolby atmos, he told me it's not a necessary to pre wire as it pretty easy to wire ceiling speakers.
This just sounds flat out crazy. If you're building the room now, and you have access behind the walls and ceiling, run wires now. If you think there's a chance you'll possibly be using Atmos in the future just do it now, it will be WAY easier than having to try to snake wires through finished walls and ceiling later.

·
Registered
356 Posts
No reason to not go 7.1 but you're not going to gain a whole of a lot compared to 5.1.
I have found this to be true also. The extra 2 rear speakers have added very little to the viewing/listening experience for me. I had higher expectations. I do believe overhead speakers will EVENTUALLY be worth the effort, however.

<UIButtonContent: 0x17d69110 Title = (null), AttributedTitle = (null), Image = <UIImage: 0x1901a570> size {25, 21} orientation 0 scale 2.000000, Background = <_UIResizableImage: 0x191f1cd0> size {11, 30} orientation 0 scale 2.000000, TitleColor = UIDeviceWhiteColorSpace 1 1, ImageColor = (null), ShadowColor = UIDeviceWhiteColorSpace 0 0.35, DrawingStroke = (null)>

21 - 27 of 27 Posts