Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to set up the following components for a home theatre system:

Yamaha RXV1400 AV receiver with no HDMI audio/video inputs/outputs, rca and digital only
Bose surround sound speaker system (5 speakers plus subwoofer)
samsung TV with 2 HDMI inputs (not a smart TV)
Netbox PVR cable box with HDMI
1st gen apple TV

wan to be able to watch TV / apple TV through the surround sound system

I have a logitech remote but it never switches the inputs properly to do what I want (for example, TV and AV receiver come on but cable box does not) - I was thinking this maybe this has something to do with the way I have it all wired.

should I use one HDMI input on the TV and let the amp control what video signal is sent to the TV or should I run separate HDMI cables from the cable box and apple TV to the TV and bypass the amp?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
In your case you have little option if you want HD to display but to put all your HDMI devices directly to the display and then take a secondary optical cable from those same devices and run them to the receiver to get audio.

There should be no reason that your Logitech remote should not turn on devices, are you sure you programmed it correctly?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
^+1
How do you have the speakers hooked up? Normally, surround speakers from Bose have non-standard terminations and are interconnected (designed to be powered through the sub). You will only be able to use such Bose speakers with their "receiver" module hooked to the TV indirectly. I have a similar setup in a bedroom, where cable-TV and disc player are connected to the Bose AUX and CD inputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts