Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, it turned out to be a false alarm on the baby front yesterday. Just a few more days until we get induced.

BTW, I PM'ed a couple of other local guys off of the GooglemapME map, and directed them to this thread. We should have a nice group going before too long.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Welcome SonicBm. You should join us for our first DIY get together in the next couple of weeks. It should be great if you have even the slightest interest in building speakers / subs, or even if you just enjoy movies, music and home theater. We'll be setting a date soon -- stay tuned.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I've moved this to the General Discussion forum since it is not SoundSplinter specific.

We have 51 users who have specified they are from Houston. Obviously we could have more, but not everyone always list where they are from in their profile. 42 have opted to receive email from administrators. I have mailed those 42 and advised them all of this thread. If you have already replied in this thread, you may also get the email. Maybe this will help you guys gather up more members for your group.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Our little girl was born last night! 6lbs, 1oz, 18 1/2in. She's doing great! Now on to the birth of my next creation... (just kidding). I want to start my sub as soon as I catch up with a couple of you guys to hear and see what you've done. Tony, when would be a good time to tour your Pearland friends' HTs? Jim, Maceo, and Leon --> it would be great to include your subs for group get togethers in the near future. I may need to chat with you individually to get my project going. Soon after the sub, I hope to dive into a complete 6.1 surround build. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our little girl was born last night! 6lbs, 1oz, 18 1/2in. She's doing great! Now on to the birth of my next creation... (just kidding). I want to start my sub as soon as I catch up with a couple of you guys to hear and see what you've done. Tony, when would be a good time to tour your Pearland friends' HTs? Jim, Maceo, and Leon --> it would be great to include your subs for group get togethers in the near future. I may need to chat with you individually to get my project going. Soon after the sub, I hope to dive into a complete 6.1 surround build. Looking forward to it!
congrats, thats wonderful news! :yay: Once you get the baby settled in pm me and I'll give you my cell for any sub questions.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Who's going to be the brave 1st stop on the Houston HT tour? I won't be ready for guests until after the 1st of the year.

I don't have a dedicated HT room, but I have an infinite baffle sub that might be of interest. I doubt I'll get my main and center speakers built in time, but ya never know. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We're looking at Dec 8, 9, 15, or 16 before the holiday rush. I'm open to any of those days. Does anyone else have a conflict or schedule request? Thanks for volunteering Leon!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok I'm on duty at the fire station 24 hrs on the 8th. I can be at my house but unfortunately I can't leave my district. but the 15th will be ok. will we be touring only the west side?
Are we just doing demo's? Full movies? Snacks? (I got the popcorn for sure) Bringing the wives? (she asked):dunno:

21 - 40 of 290 Posts