Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at running a projector in my living room when I'm not using my TV. I have an Atmos system and would like to utilize that for watching movies at night but have a more cinematic experience with a larger screen. Right now my entire set up is for a 4k HDR tv. My projecor most likely won't be 4k or hdr. I'm looking at a handful of short throw projectors. How much of hassle is it to switch between a system defaulting for HDR/4k and an HD/sdr system? I'm sure other people have to be running systems like this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have pulled this off for my clients by using a multizone receiver and automation. The receiver must have a dedicated Zone 2 hdmi output. It will then handshake separately between the tv and pj. I then use automation such as Control4 to make switching between the two simple, and to drop the motorized screen, etc.

A cheaper way would be to use this:
AC-DA12-AUHD-GEN2: 18Gbps 1x2 w/ scaler & audio - AVPro Edge
It can split your avr hdmi out. Output one will pass full 4k hdr while output 2 handshakes independently with your pj and scales to 1080p sdr. It has edid management to ensure functionality. Good luck.
That's awesome. What receiver was it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts