Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gathered up a few friends and am watching the Super Bowl in the Theater room.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Just me and my wife here on Sunday.
I recorded the game for two hours while we power watched season four of Game Of Thrones and when I switched over to the game I only watched the actual plays.
Caught up to the live action early 3rd quarter.
To me the commercials are a beating, I was sad when I could no longer skip through them.
Pretty good football game, probably a great game if you had a favorite team playing (well if you are a Pats fan).
Never will understand how professional coaches/players/teams mismanage the clock in the last three minutes of the games so consistently but they do.
To bad the timeouts were wasted because the plays were late getting in and then players did not understand the urgency of getting up the field after the wild catch.
If there was more time on the clock 4 battering ram running plays from the 2 yard line would most likely sent Seattle home as champs.
Oh well...not a fan of either team but I guess I wanted the cheaters to lose.
Go Cowboys ... 2015.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, time management seems to be an odd thing in that game.
The final pass that Seattle made will go down into the books as the worst play ever! they had it in the bag for sure.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Had some family over and watched the game upstairs in the family room I'm slowly converting to a theater room. Work in progress but got the 5 channel speakers up and going on saturday so we enjoyed surround sound.

I still need to get the screen ordered and paint my audio rack/speaker stands and then work on my acoustical panels. Right now I have a pack of them in each corner acting as bass traps... oh, and we have the paint already but still need to paint. dark red on walls and dark grey for ceiling.... will be a very drastic change.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I agree, time management seems to be an odd thing in that game.
The final pass that Seattle made will go down into the books as the worst play ever! they had it in the bag for sure.
Sorry Tony but I disagree. The last Seattle pass intercepted by Butler will go down as one of the best plays ever. :bigsmile: I went out last night and got my Super bowl champ Patriots Hat and shirt and it was a mob scene. Probably all sold out by now. I will have to make a trip to One Patriot place in Foxboro Mass to see all 4 SB trophies together. Niiiiiiiiiice........:D

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, but my point being that pass should have never been made :) he should have ran with the ball, even if he would have been taken down they still would have made the next play.
Honestly, I am not a big sports fan and was only watching because my girlfriend is a big NFL fan and was cheering for Seattle.
At least it was a good game to watch and not a blowout.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well you know that Seattle had the ball during the season 5 times at the 1 yard line in which they used Lynch to run it and they only had 1 touchdown and a total of -4 yards for all 5 of those attempts so the stats show it wouldn't have been a done deal that they would have scored. That being said I would have run it too. The Pats made the play though and that is all that counted in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts