Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to move forward and purchase some Seymour XD screen material. I'm trying to make the screen as large as possible. Right now, I'm considering a screen that is 114" wide (about130"diagonal).This would only give me about 6" from either side wall and a little less than that from the stage and the ceiling. This will be a constant width screen with motorized masking (fingers crossed about that).

Is this going to be too large?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm just about to move forward and purchase some Seymour XD screen material. I'm trying to make the screen as large as possible. Right now, I'm considering a screen that is 114" wide (about130"diagonal).This would only give me about 6" from either side wall and a little less than that from the stage and the ceiling. This will be a constant width screen with motorized masking (fingers crossed about that).

Is this going to be too large?
Unless it is an AT screen, yes.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Where will your front 3 speakers be and how far back will you be sitting from the screen?

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Your left and right viewing angle from the MLP should be 45 degrees to a max of 60. Over 60 degrees would be like sitting in the first 1/6 of a movie theater.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My current screen in about 9 feet from main position eyeballs. It is 49 tall by about 87" wide (100"). I am looking at going wider by at least a foot or more, but it will have to be an at screen.

We like the width now but it could be just a bit wider without any viewing trouble.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My screen (Seymour XD) is acoustically transparent. The speaker will of course be directly behind it.

My front row is a little more than 11ft from the screen measured from where your eyes are, not the back of the seats.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
130" is acceptable for that distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts