1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

Well let's see: The level is really high. Is that what you got after calibrating the SPL to 75 dB before the sweep? :scared:

If you want to see the waterfall via the LIN setting, re-set the graph axis upper limit to 100 Hz, due to a bug in the program. Or you can use the LOG setting for viewing above 100 Hz (no bug for LOG).

Overall, response is pretty smooth, but I'll bet it sounds bottom-heavy, due to <50 Hz being so exaggerated. An EQ could help dial it down. There may be nothing you can do for the severe dip at 70 Hz.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, I callibrated it at 85. I was trying to keep everything close to what I actually watch a movie at. In these graphs I boosted [email protected] I will post what it looks like without the boost in a couple of minutes. I really enjoy the room shaking bass so I like to run the subs extremely high, in turn I have to xover the subs lower and steeper with the SMS-1. I have klipsch rf7's for mains......they do a pretty good job down to the 40-50hz range. Also all the graphs I post are after I have run audyssey (denon 2808). I run audyssey then tweek with the sms-1 bucause I like what audyssey does with the "whole system" (all the speakers together), and as you can see it does a pretty good job with the subs too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts