Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in your receivers? In my case with Elite VSX-30, I find my "ALC" forces full band width with dynamics all still there but with a more controlled and tonally deeper response/auditory experience. I'm using a "Flat" response target with advanced MCACC. Just curious, and i'm using with TV watching and due to high levels of dynamics on blue-rays (such as The Grey) with the wifey and daughter yesterday as well. It just provides a very different sound and makes the effects and surrounds come alive with even commercials active with effects. Now i'm really wanting to investigate how and why volume leveling has such an effect on the surrounds being more active. DirectTV default is Dolby Digital. :nerd:

Brian in Bakersfield...:T

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Never, its a cool feature to have but I love me some dynamics. If I had young kids in the house, folks who are sleeping when Im watching, attached neighbors, ect then Im sure it might be more useful.

Only feature I ever found cool, and used, was "smart volume." My former receiver, an Onkyo 3007, had it but sadly no other manufactures seem to offer it. Smart volume allows you to set maximum volume and/or a set volume level every time the receiver is powered on. Since getting rid of my Onkyo Ive gotten used to turning down the volume before power off but I do miss smart volume in Onkyo receivers, I must admit.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Never for me, either. Paid some very good money to have the capability to blow the roof off:). Not gonna let some electronic thingy take it away:D

Seriously, it has its place, like late night listening. I have used it on my Denon a few times, but not very often at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts