Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I can't recall off the top of my head what the time frame is for editing a post, but I do know that they are shut off at a certain point. :scratch: You can either pm it to me or post it here and I'll edit it in for you. :T
Few months (maybe three or four).

I'll post the info here. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Updated the first post. I left the Yamaha info in there. Did you want me to get rid of it?
The reason I removed it was because the thread was a bit too long. But I made it shorter after doing a few changes. So you can keep the Yamaha info.

Thanks Again. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I am getting my first plasma, a Samsung 51D550 and want to check hours used; If I access the service menu on my Samsung would this invalidate my warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hello,
While we're at it, can anyone tell me how to check the hours viewed on the Panny ST60 series plasmas, particularly the 65". I'm getting the TV delivered today from Cleveland Plasma, I did some research and found CP to be a very reputable Authorized Panasonic dealer, but I am just skeptical by nature and would like to know the hours on this particular TV. If no one knows, could you post a link to where I might find out. Thanks a lot.
Cheers Jeff

·
Super Moderator
9,185 Posts
Excellent post. However, it would be helpful to know what we can take away from knowing how many hours are on the plasma. For instance,

* How many serviceable hours can we expect from a plasma?
* At what point does it start going “downhill and doesn’t look good anymore?”
* If you were shopping for a used one, at what number of hours would it be a deal breaker?

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
976 Posts
Excellent post. However, it would be helpful to know what we can take away from knowing how many hours are on the plasma. For instance,

* How many serviceable hours can we expect from a plasma?
* At what point does it start going “downhill and doesn’t look good anymore?”
* If you were shopping for a used one, at what number of hours would it be a deal breaker?

Regards,
Wayne
Wayne, I did find out there were only 5 hours on my new Panny Plasma, I have another 50" plasma in the bedroom that is still going strong after 7 years, the picture I believe is as good as when it was new. The life span on the older plasmas was 60,000 hours, the new models are up to 100,000, this is on the actual panel itself, other components are not guaranteed to last, power supply is usually the first to go. Your statements above are very relevant when shopping for a new or used TV, The good thing with plasma TVs is that they seem to get better with age, just like us.:eek:lddude:
Cheers Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know how to check the viewing hours for a 2010 Panasonic TH-85PF12U?

Couldn't find it in this thread

Thanks for any insights!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Anybody have any hours listed now days?

My Panasonic is running 15,000, with around 8000 on/off operations.

A little less than I expected...alot actually...

I expected closer to 30k cuz of it stays on alot. But i recently turned on the feature to auto-shut off after like 3hrs. No-signal shut off, and No Action shut off. So if i go to bed, and forget to turn it off, it will shut off if i sleep.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My Panny 50" PZ77U is still running and haven't had one service issue yet, the picture quality is outstanding to this day. I have to look for the directions to check the hours and turn offs/ons. I put two 200mm fans on the back to draw the heat away from the back panel, I think that helped it to survive this long. I'm glad you brought this up as I will check it tonight.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Idk if mine needs more fans, lemme count...

4x 90mm fans on top, and those are just visible. Might have more inside the panel.

It looks good. I just turned off some dumb features I had on xbox, since its a 2009 model i dont think it had full rgb yet, so on the one i set it back to limited blacks, and set it to regular color depth. Its probably not a higher bit depth, so probably helps blacka and colors be more accurate with it normal.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts