Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi , i get now the new laser but ,,,, if the dor close and the laser gose to start position , dosnt stop it and make noises :-/what can be wrong? software? some pins?`
please help me :-(

thanx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
is anyone able to tell me what screwdriver and of what radius have u used to unlock the top cover of Cambridge Azur 640C?
Would you help me, please? :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fixed my friends Azur by swapping new laser pickup, KSS-213C cost only 5.76 € here in Finland.:)
Much less than I was estimating...

Thanks for your tutorial!

Top cover screws are T6 (Torx), didn't had that small bit so I used normal 1.7 mm flat driver.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks so much for the easy fix, friend. This has been bugging me for months and I finally got around to fixing it today. Your tutorial was perfect. Now every disk is reading and... good tunes again! Appreciate the help. - Goof:D:yes:

NOW, if I could only figure out how to get that LCD display panel to brighten up. The version 1 unit doesn't have the bright button on the remote, or anywhere else. I KNOW it can be brighter because I've seen it happen once in a while but I can't figure out what triggered it- and it doesn't stick. Let me know if you have any ideas... :hissyfit:

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Welcome to HTS, Goofpod! Glad you found this thread helpful, good luck with the LCD display.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

Fantastic, resourceful and very friendly forum! Good Job! :T
I was searching Internet and came across to the fix for my problem (hopefully:daydream:) . Azur 640c slides back and forth, as soon as I place the CD in the tray.

Does anybody have post #14 pictures?

Thank you.
Aram

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

New here.

Just purchased an Azur 640C V2, second hand, 75 euros (about 100 bucks if I'm correct).

When I insert a CD, it either just opens up again, or gives an error ("door").

No warranty off course...

Anybody ? :huh::scratch:

Update : when I lift the part that sits on the lens with 2 screws (sorry, noobie), the CD starts playing so I guess I've found the problem. When I close it up again, it sits too tight on the lens so it doesn't play anymore...

Anybody with the same problem? Found a way to solve this?

Thx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang! I last posted on this two years ago when I thought everything was fixed by way of this great thread. It turns out the fix only worked for a short time and then the dreaded Open --> Close --> Open nonsense started happening again, first sporadically and now pretty much all the time.

BUT! I found a wacky clue that does help resolve the issue during the event. If I lift the entire front of the deck about an inch (4cm) or so and let it drop (yes, drop hard!) the "Close" display will change, load the track info and the disc is ready for the Play button. From that point on it will play the disc normally until the next disc is inserted (or the door is opened for whatever reason). Then, the lift and drop is required again to get the loaded disc to be recognized. Seems like a mechanical issue with something not working until there's a downward force applied via the drop.

Ideas anyone????? :crying:

- Goof

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old thread, still hoping to find an answer. Your issue problem sounds similar to my issue: "If I lift the entire front of the deck about an inch (4cm) or so and let it drop (yes, drop hard!) the "Close" display will change, load the track info and the disc is ready for the Play button. From that point on it will play the disc normally until the next disc is inserted (or the door is opened for whatever reason). Then, the lift and drop is required again to get the loaded disc to be recognized. Seems like a mechanical issue with something not working until there's a downward force applied via the drop."

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
What's the allure with the Azur? Haha - couldn't resist. :R
This thread has over 40K hits to date. Are people just interested in how others are fixing their units, or are there really that many people out there looking for advice on how to fix their own units but are too afraid to ask? Speculation anyone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dunno how to answer your question, except the Azure deck is a great sounding unit. Very clean and neutral. I really want to get this thing working perfectly- as opposed to finding another product. Mine sounds great, it's just frustrating to replace the laser and still have it misreading disks. And, the temperamental LCD display that decides to be bright once in a while, but mostly not...! :crying:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I am experiencing the same "Open --> Close --> Open" problem as described in previous posts. I would like to change the belt of the drawer mechanism but I am not sure about a) the exact size for a replacement belt and b) how to get to the belt as it is kind of hidden underneath the drawer.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ Sevi01 Hi, I've just replaced my old cd tray belt in CA 840C (similar mechanism to 640C). I used new 25x1,5x1,5 mm (orginal one was a bit thicker but it doesent really matter I think) belt and cd works again like a charm. You will find the belt under cd tray when you open it on the left hand site.

Ps.
Sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I just got a Cambridge 640c and the front buttons are somewhat unresponsive. It can take several pushes before the stop button registers and stops for example. The same commands are instant via te remote. Any ideas what I could do to improve this? Clean inside behind the buttons perhaps? Is this a known issue?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont know of anyone still read this post but... problem solved!
I turned the powerplug 180 degrees (fase and zero opposite) and the player works fine!!!!
Maybe this will also solve it for the frustrated audiolovers....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 650c and have had it many years. Been very pleased with it all that time and it does the job.

Tonight I had half an hour of the cd draw opening fine, me loading a CD, the unit trying to read it, failing and then ejecting the CD. Eventually, I got it working by ejecting the cd draw, gently moving/shaking it from side to side and by some miracle it started reading CDs fine again. All very strange, but I'll take it rather than some repair job.

?Good luck chaps...try the unusual, sometimes works !

·
Registered
1 Posts

So the Azur 640C senses door tray closed when the tray hits the micro switch on the right. After puzzling why I could get the discs to spin up and get read by dropping the front of the player about an inch, realized my problem was mechanical. I found away to push the switch away from it resting place to let the tray actually hit it firmly instead of a gentle touch (at the end of its travel). Not sure how long the fix that I have puzzled over for years (and repeated reading of websites) will last but at least I did not have to try a risky disassembly. To nudge the top tip of the switch have to take cover off and operate open/close button with player powered up. Remember to cover laser when tray is out !!! The time we all have during pandemic stay-at-home has led to this fix. Yes, the usually blamed tray driving belt is doing its job of open and close. Thanks to ebolatone for the pictures and disassembly instructions (forced me to try a puzzle and poke method). Thanks also to the guy who discovered the "lift and drop the front of the player about an inch". Still love the sound the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C produces :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts