Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
View attachment 174154

So the Azur 640C senses door tray closed when the tray hits the micro switch on the right. After puzzling why I could get the discs to spin up and get read by dropping the front of the player about an inch, realized my problem was mechanical. I found away to push the switch away from it resting place to let the tray actually hit it firmly instead of a gentle touch (at the end of its travel). Not sure how long the fix that I have puzzled over for years (and repeated reading of websites) will last but at least I did not have to try a risky disassembly. To nudge the top tip of the switch have to take cover off and operate open/close button with player powered up. Remember to cover laser when tray is out !!! The time we all have during pandemic stay-at-home has led to this fix. Yes, the usually blamed tray driving belt is doing its job of open and close. Thanks to ebolatone for the pictures and disassembly instructions (forced me to try a puzzle and poke method). Thanks also to the guy who discovered the "lift and drop the front of the player about an inch". Still love the sound the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C produces :)
Great tips, unfortunately my issue wasn't the motor, but the clear plastic (tray switch/sensor) piece on far right, sheared off my assembly and now I am looking for this entire part. It may be proprietary to the player, which likely means I'm out of luck. Its still functioning for now I just have to adapt to a @3 second pause when the tray opens and then auto closes. Laser on its way for $8 so I won't be out a lot if this is kaput. I may contact a local dealer and see if such a thing exists to purchase without needing labor included.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts