Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm Daniel and I'm new here. Just wanted to ask a simple question I don't seem to find anywhere. I want to understand what the SPL graph is showing, but I don't find the info. I've seen people uploading graphics and asking for help and nice people answering, but I want to be able to interpret for myself. Also everywhere I only see tutorials in how to calibrate your system, but that's it.

Hopefully I'm not being rude or disrespectful by any means. I really want to learn. Any hints or links I could check would be very appreciated.

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Hi! I'm Daniel and I'm new here. Just wanted to ask a simple question I don't seem to find anywhere. I want to understand what the SPL graph is showing, but I don't find the info. I've seen people uploading graphics and asking for help and nice people answering, but I want to be able to interpret for myself. Also everywhere I only see tutorials in how to calibrate your system, but that's it.

Hopefully I'm not being rude or disrespectful by any means. I really want to learn. Any hints or links I could check would be very appreciated.

Regards

RE; SPL ( EQ ) curves

Here's a worthwhile blog to read written by Mitchco

He references the following slide ( as a preferred curve to emulate ) ;

The slide above is from a Sean Olive presentation found here !

You could do a lot worse than to strive to make the response of your system look like ( almost any of ) those curves .

:sn:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another good resource ( to help compare one's REW results to some accepted "yard-sticks" ) is this guide ( written by 2 acousticians ) .

:sn:
this last link was very informative!!! Thank you very much. Very much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts