Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the section how to repair convergence problem of the Mitsubishi model WS-55511. I found a 15AMP pico fuse open. I need to replace a fuse and convergence IC, I ordered and received all the parts (IC from SANYO). My problem is the ribbon cables, How can I safely remove thoses cable so that I can take the board out and replace the IC. I did not see a latch or a locking mechanism that I can release to pull the cables out from their sockets. Thank you very much, your opinion is greatly appreciated.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your post was moved to the proper forum to maintain organization and to make information easier for others to find.

The connectors just lift straight off. Some of the connectors will have a release on the side, but I don't recall that on these set. If you are talking about the bridge connectors between the boards, just lift from the taps on the ends. They are tight, but will snap out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Info. I was be able to remove the PCB and replaced the convergence IC ans fuses (STK393-110 and 15A). Unit woks great so far.

Again, Thanks everybody for the for informations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts