Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

My name is Robert and a proud home theater geek :wave:

Today I have a HT that I built with great inspiration from this great forum. But you know the deal. Upgrade upgrade upgrade...

Its been 5 years now and now the kids moved out and a room on the second floor opened up. And taadaa..I have a cieling with an attick (spelling?) above. Infinite Baffle project Yes.

Now for the question. I saw on Home Theater Geeks webcasts on Youtube that recent research have proven that one sub in each corner of the room is a very good starting point of placing your subs. Peaks and dips somewhat even. Now....what if I do one 15" IB driver in each corner in the cieling. Has that been done? Thoughts, ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Awesome idea and right up my alley with keeping subs out of sight. I don't have ib subs, but I placed my large tapped horns in the ceiling. Subs in the 4 corners isn't always best. Subs in the 4 midpoints of the walls can be best too. Get REW and mess around with Room Simulator on it. Place your MLP within the dimensions of your room and you can get an idea of the peaks and nulls. Once you put the ib drivers in place, there's a lot of work moving them. If you can get your hands on 4 subs, move them all around the room and get actual measurements before cutting holes. I did both of these things to determine the best positions for my two subs - 4 will be even more fun.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can make any sence of it, I am not the best computer geek :).

Indeed it would be good to have tested various placements before cutting the holes. As a matter of fact, I just heard another accustitian stating that the 4 intersection points of the 25% room lines would be a recommended position. That is lines 25% from either wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts