Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how I can use WinISD to model a dual chamber ported box. I would like to know if it is better and how it is better than just a regular ported box. I was going to use this (http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/dual_chamber.htm) as the basis of box. Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
I would like to know how I can use WinISD to model a dual chamber ported box.
Yes you can, model a regular ported box using 2 ports. Divide the volume into 2 parts, 1/3rd of the volume and 2/3rds of the volume. One port goes in the small chamber and the sub and other port go in the larger chamber. Use a third port the same diameter and length of the other 2 ports and connect the chambers together.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I was going to do. What do you think would be the pros vs cons over just a regular ported box?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear that and its for 30hz-50hz right?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess if I tune lower, yea. but I'd like to keep the box relatively small. So it could have low extension and then have high output for music too.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was just wondering about it because I had a build log for a friend with 4 Sundown E8s and I just used a ported box tuned to 34hz. Someone mentioned an ABC box would be great for them. I searched the ABC box and it came out to be a dual chamber ported box.

I may redo the E8 subs' box. I don't know if I am going to be able to get the DCP box design for just 2.5 cubes though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts