Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, all. I ran across this forum as I am in a unique quandry - I want good home theater speakers in a certain style (aesthetics mainly) and will probably have to build my own front and center channels for my family room. I'm toying with building my own powered sub as well.

I'm a full-fledged geek and have run live sound for over 15 years for various gigs in my community. I enjoy movies and music, and recently haven't had the funds or desire to complete my home theater setup in my family room, where my Sony SXRD 60" sits and is now tied to a Sony STR-DG720 receiver (thanks to the missus).

By day, I'm a System Engineer for an energy company and at night, it's usually catching up on the DVR and playing with the kids.

I'm looking forward to reading and participating.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Welcome Viper. Having you with us is a pleasure! :)

We'll be waiting for you...

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy mkstringer and welcome to the Shack!

Come on in and take ya hat off... stay awhile... :T

Sonnie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What style are you looking at?
Well, as things are, I have about 5" on either side of the TV and about 3" below the IR sensor to use for drivers. My TV stand is black. My father in law has some sony speakers, but their size seems to equate to their performance in my head. I'm more into f I'm not opposed to sticking a smaller center channel enclosure on top of the tv - put that's where the custom part would play in.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome, Viper. Glad you could join us. Have fun, Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts