Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking long enough! Time to get on the bus! ;)

Current projects include my first DIY subwoofer from plans provided on the audioholics forum (Infinity Kappa MidQ plans). Already have the driver, and hope to finish the box in the next month or so. Unfortunately I'll be driving it with a plate amp until I accrue enough "tokens" for something more substantial.

Also looking at new receivers. My top 3 currently (in no particular order) are the Onkyo TX-SR707, Marantz SR5004, and Yamaha RX-V1065. I'll probably pull the trigger on one of these before buying a new amp for the sub...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Howdy sir, was born in Tulsa and currently live in Bakersfield, Oklahoma..I mean California. Welcome to this great place!!!

I currently own a Yamaha and love its YPAO, but I think when its time to upgrade it will be the Onkyo with its highly advanced Audyssey and THX options. Looking back I wish I would have gone with the later. I purchased on the Shack here so please check out the store here. Best of luck to ya!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Shack. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Howdy sir, was born in Tulsa and currently live in Bakersfield, Oklahoma..I mean California. Welcome to this great place!!!

I currently own a Yamaha and love its YPAO, but I think when its time to upgrade it will be the Onkyo with its highly advanced Audyssey and THX options. Looking back I wish I would have gone with the later. I purchased on Home Theater Shack here so please check out the store here. Best of luck to ya!
We moved to Edmond when the kids were in diapers. Somebody told us that was the place to be... great schools... and now we home school! :scratch:

Thanks for the receiver advice! I like all 3 of those receivers. I'm looking at "refurbished" versions of the Onkyo and Marantz, but the Yamaha is new. I'm a little nervous about refurbished units... particularly the Marantz (based on rumors), but the deals are so good I may roll the dice anyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
welcome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts