Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joined up because I want to know more about REW, miniDSP, and the like as I try to tame my sub and coax my setup into an overall better system. I'm out on 10 acres in north Texas and thoroughly enjoy making noise without worrying about grief from neighbors. :)

Here's my setup:

Denon 3808ci // Fronts: Klipsch RF-5 // Center: Klipsch RC-7 // Surrounds: Klipsch R-3650-W // LFE: diy Cinema f-20 // Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP-93 // Samsung PN50B650 //

All of my gear, minus TV and speakers, is racked in a spare 42u cabinet I had and stored in a closet that is part of my downstairs room. Room is sort of L-shaped and about 5 feet down from the rest of the house. Tons of windows and reflective surfaces that I will eventually be adding treatments to. I'm hoping to use REW and a miniDSP for taming my monster of a sub.

That's all for now i guess. Michael

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! i need another forum membership like i need a hole in the head, but there are definitely some good resources here that make it worth being even slightly active.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the shack.:D

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Looks like a very nice setup you got there, thaddeus! Welcome to The Shack!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Michael,
Welcome to HTS and I hope the hole in your head is a small one due to you deciding to join another Forum. REW is a fantastic resource and I think it is wonderful that you are tackling Room Acoustics as so many never think about it when along with Speakers it plays the largest role in the SQ of your HT.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Glad you could join us, Michael!

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
You should have some good success with REW and MiniDSP... If you have questions, make sure and post in the forums!

I've used REW and MiniDSPS quite a bit. I love that you can export REW recommended filters!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the Home Theater Shack!
You should have some good success with REW and MiniDSP... If you have questions, make sure and post in the forums!

I've used REW and MiniDSPS quite a bit. I love that you can export REW recommended filters!
ha, since writing that I've learned about the BFD and am in the middle of a transaction for one. Still plan to use REW, however.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the HTS Mike...........:wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts