Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I love my ULS15. Of course, I keep reading about the benefits of two subs, but haven't broken the news to the wife yet ;) - on that subject, should they be the same model, or should the second be 'tailored' to a particular 'need' in the room? i.e. a smaller 8" in combination with the 15"?
I am using 4 ULS15s in my HT and the output and LFE extension are outstanding! I have measured rising response (with REW and a calibrated mic) below 20Hz to at least 10Hz due to room gain. Those are in walnut, sadly no longer offered, but I have one in "basic" black in another room. Nothing "basic" about that finish - not piano black but certainly not truck bed liner either. Very attractive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am using 4 ULS15s in my HT and the output and LFE extension are outstanding! I have measured rising response (with REW and a calibrated mic) below 20Hz to at least 10Hz due to room gain. Those are in walnut, sadly no longer offered, but I have one in "basic" black in another room. Nothing "basic" about that finish - not piano black but certainly not truck bed liner either. Very attractive.
4!!??? I already worry about the structural integrity of the house with just one!! The garage is next to the family room where the sub is, and when I'm out there and my wife has a movie on, I can feel it when the hits come! adding 3 more????
Are they tuned the same, crossover/output level/etc? Or with the different locations, does each get dialed in independently? I admit to being intimidated by the process of room measurements, and interpreting them, and dialing things in...but I know I need to spend some time on those forums and educate myself....

4???.....wow....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts