Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard!

Jack has listed some great ideas. The Onkyo receiver he refers to is ideal and will do you for many years to come. Do you have any speakers still from your existing system? If you do I would use them for your surround channels for the time being and get your self a set of really good mains and a good center channel. These JBL L880CH would do really nice to start with. And this for a center channel.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
Be careful with those speakers as they are not as good as the reports you are reading on amazon. I would almost call them "white Van" quality. If your not used to what a good speaker should sound like then they may be fine but they are not good quality. They do have some better quality units but again you pay for them.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
I had to edit my post forgot vital info, may not change your thoughts about speaker selection... This system will be 90% home theater use, Not very big into shaking the house with loud music.
Weather its for theater or music it really does not matter Theater is actually more demanding on speakers than music so a good quality speaker is still a good idea. Loudness does not equate to quality any speaker can get loud but clarity is an art and you pay to get that.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
Keep in mind that a refurbished unit is just as good as new so I would bot worry about that.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
The Onkyo is superior as it uses the DCDi by Faroudja cinema chip and is fairly good compared to most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.