Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys this really looks like a great forum!
Heres my deal, just picked up a 55-inch VF551XVT TruLED LCD HDTV from Vizio & mounted her above the fireplace. THIS SYSTEM IS GOING TO BE 90% HOME THEATER USE NOT A HUGE MUSIC GUY AT HOME! Time to retire the old surround sound system due to no hdmi inputs, will be running cablebox, ps3 for bluray, & Wii.
The living room is total 20x20 & tv is 15 feet from the sofa, the room is also attached to the kitchen / dinette another 10x10... I have no idea how much this plays in speaker selection. Ive done a little research & from what ive been told I need either bookshelf or front towers cuz its considered a larger room i guess... seems small to me! i really like the idea of small satelites but im not willing to compromise sound.
Need some speaker recommendations that are quality but wont break the bank, I hate being dissapointed! Are l/r towers really going to make that much of a difference, really want to keep it clean.

Also receivers? This is what im contemplating but once again I dont know anything about ease of use, durability & performance. Ill take any other recommendations that I may be overseeing & may be the better choice. Which brand receiver is the better choice & why?
Im looking at around $1000 budget & do have a KLH 10inch power front firing sub to make do if i piece this together over time.

Onkyo tx-507 80x5watts
Denon avr-590 75x5watts
Yamaha rxv-565 90x7

Thanks guys & hopefully ill have a clue after this is all said & done, im spinning!:huh:

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sounds like you guys are really pushing the towers for my l/r fronts! Someone recommended BIC America Venturi speakers & found them amazingly cheap! Yes Tony I do have all my old system speakers, just some KLH's from Costco. im sure they would be fine for rears as stated while building.
Thoughts, provided link? Keep the posts coming!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How does the recommended Onkyo Tx-sr706 Thx 100w X 7ch theater receiver up converting technology compare to the other receivers I'm considering (Denon avr-590 75x5watts, Yamaha rxv-565 90x7).

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Per Jacks advise, I pulled the trigger on the Onkyo Tx-sr706 & she's on her way!!! Now I can atleast fish the hdmi cable & speaker wire in my walls & get set-up for when it arrives. When my head stops spinning from this decision, I can starts stressing again about speakers! Meanwhile keep my options coming on speaker options!
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.