Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't do it, but thought someone might make it a reality...an array of EIGHT DPL 10's across the front or rear of a room, capable of handling 2400W @ 4 ohms, and displacing over 2X more than a lone 18" Mal-X and 1.7X more than the 21"!!!...all without :spend:

Would it create a completely ultra smooth in-room response at all listening positions, or an audio nightmare?:sneeky:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I can't do it, but thought someone might make it a reality...an array of EIGHT DPL 10's across the front or rear of a room, capable of handling 2400W @ 4 ohms, and displacing over 2X more than a lone 18" Mal-X and 1.7X more than the 21"!!!...all without :spend:

Would it create a completely ultra smooth in-room response at all listening positions, or an audio nightmare?:sneeky:
I saw this sub-system somewhere...I guess it's gaining popularity in Europe. What they are doing is building a wall of subs, front of room and back of room that are equal in every way...if I remember correctly, they are phased 180 degrees (front to back) and give a near perfect response everywhere in the room due to perfectly balanced cancellations.

At least, that's how I think it was. I skimmed the article and thread postings. It was a really neat idea, but just not practical for us American's with high-octane fuel in our blood and lust for pure displacement, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts