Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most sub builds here are for HT, I use my HT subs for music as well and love the sound of them. I have a pair of IXL-18's in 12 cu. ft. tuned to 16 hz and a pair of Atlas 15's in 10 cu. ft. tuned to 18 hz. I listen mostly to pop/rock and find the bass rich and effortless. It's just my personal preference.

Does anyone else use their HT subs for music?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I use my current commercial sub for both and am more than satisfied with its performance on music. It could reach deeper for HT though.

I expect that music performance depends on the quality of the driver and how much the driver/design has been pushed to deliver more bottom end.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Hey Mike! I use my Mal-X in the living room for 'whole-house' music for rock when the wifey is out:whistling: Since my 5.0 speakers are wimpy for 2 ch stereo, I'm building the sonospeaker pair, but if I just increase the gain on the s-convert-:yikes: I'm pleased with the sound from it- thanks again:T

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Most sub builds here are for HT, I use my HT subs for music as well and love the sound of them. I have a pair of IXL-18's in 12 cu. ft. tuned to 16 hz and a pair of Atlas 15's in 10 cu. ft. tuned to 18 hz. I listen mostly to pop/rock and find the bass rich and effortless. It's just my personal preference.

Does anyone else use their HT subs for music?
Thank you Mike! I do appreciate your thread :) I have the sub 30Hz obsession of HT, and I wish more music had that content in it... so it is hard to justify LLT in car... but if I have to listen to Bass I Love you over and over until there is more, so be it. I keep explaining myself as being completely satisfied with several large drivers sealed from 30Hz up, so, if I make LLTs in car... I am no worse off than going sealed. I just get a special treat when the music does drop down there.

Thank you!

And, I did retune my LLT to 19Hz, 24Hz, and 33Hz.... and my music that had 26Hz-35Hz sounded much much better while I was tuned to 15.4Hz.... which is strange. I still have the enclosure, I am getting another soldering iron to finish my recone so that I can run some sweeps to see if/what was wrong with my tuning. After I tested, I re-tuned to 17.5Hz and I will see if I am still having the excursion issue/output issue I had before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts