Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on hooking up my new htpc using the htr 6160 multi channel out. When I use the 6 channel (uses center, sub, front left and right, and side left and right) everything works fine. When I choose to do 8 channel, I have to use the front left and right inputs for the rear surround speakers (that's what it tells me to do) and I have to select a separate input (i can choose between several) for the front speakers. When I do this, the front speakers, center and sub, and the side surrounds work fine, but the rear surrounds (plugged into the front channel inputs which worked in 6 channel mode) don't work)... anybody have any suggestions? sorry if that was complicated, let me know if i need to clear anything up. thanks.

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
HTR 6160 is your AVR? What soundcard are you using? It doesn't really make sense that your front channels would not remain dedicated. Newer sound cards allow you to dedicate a single plug to multiple uses using software (a front panes jack to mic in, line, out, etc.), but I would use the outputs for what the labels say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts