Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relatively new to all of this. Been involved in HT for less than a year.

Started out with an Onkyo HTIB, Less than a month later sold it and got a mismatched system with Infinity Beta 50's and a HSU VTF3-MK3 then stumbled into a retailed and HAD to have paradigms.

Current System:

Onkyo 805 Driving: Studio 60 V.3's, CC-570, and ADP-590's With a PB13 Ultra.

Why am I here:

I have a HORRIBLE room - Don't know how to use REQ (yet) so can't graph it. Even my Pb13 ultra cant fill the middle of my room in Mid-Bass. I need to learn how to fix this problem at the lowest cost (3 whole system changes in a year = OUCH) and how to get the most out of this system in my horrible room.

HT Shack seems to be THE place to learn how to get the most out of your system without the condescending attitude that many other board seem to have to newbies. There is so much to read and learn so please humor my dumb questions haha.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy goonstopher and welcome to the Shack!

Looking forward to seeing you around often... :T

Sonnie

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I am relatively new to all of this. Been involved in HT for less than a year.

Started out with an Onkyo HTIB, Less than a month later sold it and got a mismatched system with Infinity Beta 50's and a HSU VTF3-MK3 then stumbled into a retailed and HAD to have paradigms.

Current System:

Onkyo 805 Driving: Studio 60 V.3's, CC-570, and ADP-590's With a PB13 Ultra.

Why am I here:

I have a HORRIBLE room - Don't know how to use REQ (yet) so can't graph it. Even my Pb13 ultra cant fill the middle of my room in Mid-Bass. I need to learn how to fix this problem at the lowest cost (3 whole system changes in a year = OUCH) and how to get the most out of this system in my horrible room.

HT Shack seems to be THE place to learn how to get the most out of your system without the condescending attitude that many other board seem to have to newbies. There is so much to read and learn so please humor my dumb questions haha.
Have you tried the Audyssey EQ setup in the 805? Did it help?

Kal

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome to the Shack,

If you post your question here you will get alot more help.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried the Audyssey EQ setup in the 805? Did it help?

Kal
To be honest I can't say for sure, all i know is bass sounds MUCH better in every other part of my room besides the place i want it to! I have one small area in my room that I sit in that I cant seem to fill. I may add 2 x 18" Elemental Designs woofers nearfield that way I will have no questions about if i am getting a good response where i sit

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
I would encourage you to try the Audyssey EQ set up with the mike positioned in at least 4-6 positions, even if you don't have anyone sitting in those spots. Kal is giving you great advise. I have it in my Denon and love how it balances the whole system. It really is a great tool, especially for difficult rooms. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
What is the response at your seat- both in actual measurement and how it sounds to you? Thanks, Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
First welcome to the forum. Have you tried the simple stuff like moving your sub to different locations?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll post this up in another area to keep from taking away from the purpose of this board but to answer your question, I can't move the Ultra. It's dimensions are just limiting in my room. i need something that is either less wide or less deep, height is not an issue. When I have money again I may go with simple DIY sonotube or have elemental designs make boxes and use their woofers with my own amps so I can afford multiples.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi goon, welcome to it. This place is great!

Tim
:drive:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts