Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 2 powered subs via y cable from my Denon 1506 reciever and I noticed left sub has hum in it even when reciever off ,hum goes away if i turn sub in question off or unplug it from power scource what would cause this? also hum goes down if I dial down that subs volume I am puzzled to why any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Is this something that just started happening? Or did something change? It sounds like a typical ground loop problem on first blush.

JCD

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably always been in there but I noticed it when I raised volune of that sub whats a ground loop?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I agree ... it can be a ground loop :yes:

If you don't want to waist time connecting and disconnecting to determine what is causing the hum ... get one of this http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062214&cp=&sr=1&origkw=ground+isolator&kw=ground+isolator&parentPage=search ... connect it between your receiver and subs ... if is a ground loop it will desapear ... :bigsmile: ...

One of my subs started humming after I added my Buttkickers amp ... I connected one of this, and problem solved :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts