Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

I am in the process of purchasing my first home theatre system and came to this site to get some basic info regarding speaker placement and other start-up issues. In scanning the forums, it is clear that there is a lot more knowledge here than I will ever come close to possessing. Just figuring out all the abbreviations and acronyms will take a lot of time. I am excited, however, because this site should be an extremely valuable resource as I get up to speed.

I have been a "junior audiophile" for most of my life (I still have vinyl records and a turntable), but I haven't really dabbled much in electronics in the recent past, so it looks like I am in for a fairly steep learning curve. This looks like a great site!

Bob Q.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Hi Bob, welcome to HTS.

We have a glossary here which is easy to access via a quick link in the top right hand corner, it will answer the questions you have on abbreviations :T

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello BobQ, Welcome aboard the shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Welcome Bob,

This is a great community for people at all levels to learn from each other. I think you will find the forum members knowledgeable and courteous.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Welcome! you definatly came to the right place for some good knowledge. And if your not sure about somthing ask there is always sombody that will give a good answer or response.:sn::sn:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Bob. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Bob, welcome to the Shack.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts