Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I'm trying to calibrate my soundcard and I keep getting freq graphs that look crazy like there is some kind of feedback in the line. It rolls off around 500 hz and everything above that is a crazy ups and downs.

I'm using a powerbook G4 (old school I know) two 1/8" to RCA cables two female-to-female adapters and a coaxial cable to connect them. I even tried connecting a ghetto USB soundcard and had the same results.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hey guys,

So I'm trying to calibrate my soundcard and I keep getting freq graphs that look crazy like there is some kind of feedback in the line. It rolls off around 500 hz and everything above that is a crazy ups and downs.

I'm using a powerbook G4 (old school I know) two 1/8" to RCA cables two female-to-female adapters and a coaxial cable to connect them. I even tried connecting a ghetto USB soundcard and had the same results.

Am I missing something?
You might try measuring by hand instead. All you need is an SPL meter and excel. Once you plot the graph someone can probably calculate filters for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Yeah when I read that REW was designed in windows I started thinking maybe you needed an intel based mac. But everything else seems to work fine so I wasn't sure. My wife has a windows pc I'm going to try out today.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts