Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got REW up and working and this is my first measurement.
I am using the UMIK-1 and a Display port adapter to HDMI from a PC for output.
The current room has no treatments and no carpet.

Initial thoughts?
Is this in the correct format?
Why does it fall off so quickly after 4K?
Next step(s) for improvements?
Additional measurements needed.

Thanks for the assist!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a common occurrence when the measurement is made with the mic pointing straight up (90 degrees) while using a 0-degree calibration file. Is that what we have here?

Regards,
Wayne
I thought about that. Theses measurements were made with the mic pointing directly at each speaker. I am using the calibration file from the minidsp site based on my mic's serial number..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then I would imagine that is the actual response of your speakers, although being 15 dB down at 20 kHz would be pretty unusual for any hi-fi speaker. What are they? Have you seen any reviews that said they sounded a bit dull, or something along those lines? Regards, Wayne
They are Triad Gold LCR's. I would not think they would be down that much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran some new measurement tonight. I wanted to isolate the LCR's.

These graphs are of each speaker independently, No Sub, No Audyssey, 80 HZ crossover, Mic point directly at tweeter from 10 feet.

Is this a speaker problem (hard to believe it would be all 3 but they were made at the same time), a mic problem, or is this just the way an untreated room behaves?

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Try measuring at 500 mm - 1 meter in the middle of the room + acoustic center of the speaker, generally between the tweeter and mid range.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

Is this a speaker problem (hard to believe it would be all 3 but they were made at the same time), a mic problem, or is this just the way an untreated room behaves?

Thoughts?
From 10 ft. back it definitely isn’t the room. As I said, the only way to tell if it’s the mic or speakers is to measure a different set of speakers - i.e. different brand.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts