Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! My name's Joseph, I live in Texas. I got here from looking up equalizer software for my laptop. But, I've been wanting to get a good home setup and this site seems pretty legit so far. I used to be deep into car audio but I don't know too much about home stuff. I know I'm tired of shelf systems that break every two years or so and while my old hand me downs from the spandex years still sound nice it's about time to get something newer than my kids. And louder...

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Joseph, welcome aboard the HTS :wave:

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Joseph......:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
Welcome to the Shack, Joseph!

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Depending on what you have in mind for your system you may have to drive up to Dallas to audition speakers.
Starpower has a very good selection on the floor and is open 7 days a week.
If you want B&W speakers Modia has close to the whole lineup on the floor.
The Best Buy in Dallas at Park Ln and 75 has a real Magnolia store with Sonos Faber and B&W along with a couple other brands available for audition.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello Joseph and welcome to the forum.:wave:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's the thing I have no clue what I want. I've never heard any of those names. I've never really had a real home system, besides hooking the tv up to a radio or computer style surrounds. I would like to move up tier by tier so to speak, get a receiver that can hook up to tv/computer any mp3 player etc... and put a pair of LOUD yet good sounding towers to get started, something that rocks the house for parties and whatnot... and later if i can hook up full surround that would work out. But for now I really need something more for houseparties that i can blast music at high db. I like lots of bass but I've noticed most of my friends that have home audio either have loud crisp sound but no bass or have so much bass it's all you hear, and it's still not really rumbly.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
That's the thing I have no clue what I want. I've never heard any of those names. I've never really had a real home system, besides hooking the tv up to a radio or computer style surrounds. I would like to move up tier by tier so to speak, get a receiver that can hook up to tv/computer any mp3 player etc... and put a pair of LOUD yet good sounding towers to get started, something that rocks the house for parties and whatnot... and later if i can hook up full surround that would work out. But for now I really need something more for houseparties that i can blast music at high db. I like lots of bass but I've noticed most of my friends that have home audio either have loud crisp sound but no bass or have so much bass it's all you hear, and it's still not really rumbly.
Actually having a clear goal is one of the first two steps.
There will be lots of help (much of it conflicting) with suggestions for gear that will achieve your goal.

Now the next step is to set a budget and decide if it is a hard budget or more of a target.
What is the total you want to spend to get an AVR, two towers, and a subwoofer ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts