Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the app, but am having trouble logging in. I tap the login screen and it then disappears which makes it impossible for me to log in. What's up with that? :help:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hmmm... not really sure. I don't have any issues logging in here with an iPhone 4S.

I think it would be hard to figure out unless we could duplicate the issue. Perhaps you know someone else who has a phone you could try it on and see it it may just be your phone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like this site, but one reason I don't visit often is because my screen jumps all over making viewing difficult. I was hoping the app would cure that.

Gonna try my 4s and see if that works. Don't like to use the phone. Too small.

Thanks, Sonnie.

One more thing. Should I have got a indication that you replied? Didn't see one.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hmmm... first I have heard of a jumping screen. We get several hundred... many times thousands of users each day, some login, some don't. I don't think this issue is going to be on our end, as stated earlier, if it was it would happening to all users.

Yes... you get notifications of replies if you have your settings to automatically subscribe to threads you create or post in. I got notification of your post with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I have the first iPad with lightning connector.
(Edit 2).... When using the safari browser.....
At initial log in the page loads and about 2 seconds later it jumps one time.
After that it never jumps again and whatever pages I go to do not jump.

(Edit 2 continued).... When using the HTS app....
I do not have any issues with the app on this iPad.
I am still on osi 7.1.2

Not that this info will help, but it's a data point.

Edit......
(Edit 2 continued again).... When using safari browser....
After paying closer attention to the way the pages load/reload maybe I would describe it as a jump.
Happens once on each page at initial load and most of the time it happens once when scrolling/swiping back to a previous page.
Never gave it much thought until right now, never really bugged me once I stopped trying to touch "new posts" before letting the home page get its wiggle out.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Data point...
My experience has been the same as Charlie's. iPhone 3GS, 5, and 6.(iOS 8.1.3) It works pretty smoothly, but I hate reaching up for the "back" button after using swipe gestures for everything else. I think visual update is also in order. A nit? Yes but...

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Oh yeah, in the app having to use the back button instead of a swipe is really odd.

Also added a little clarification tomy first post.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 4s works fine. I no longer get the option to download the I Pad app when I go to this site. I deleted the app many times trying to start new. Like I said, when I did have the app, I would touch the logon, the keyboard would appear, I would touch the logon bar and it would then disappear making it impossible for me to logon.

·
Administrator
482 Posts
The forum app is run on forum runner so if you download the forum runner app and search for this forum, you'll find it. As for the login issue, I too am seeing a black screen when I try to login. A report about it has been sent to the tech team about it.

Also for clarification, what do you mean when you say the screen jumps? Does it redirect you to a random page on the forum?

Thanks for the help!

~Km, community support

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The forum app is run on forum runner so if you download the forum runner app and search for this forum, you'll find it. As for the login issue, I too am seeing a black screen when I try to login. A report about it has been sent to the tech team about it. Also for clarification, what do you mean when you say the screen jumps? Does it redirect you to a random page on the forum? Thanks for the help! ~Km, community support
I went Apple App Store and re downloaded the app. The logon screen again was black. I took a shot. I typed in my username, hit next. Typed in my password and hit go and it worked. This app is much nicer for me to use.

I probably described the jumping issue wrong. I meant when scrolling the screen moves all over, unstable.

Also with this app, the only way I could reply was to quote you. There is no reply option. Thanks for helping. It would be nice to have this work correctly.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Now that I think about it, If I try loading more than one photo to a post, my app crashes. IIRC, that's been 4 mo or so. I've seen others report this also.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
For me the 'jumping' is in the website, not the app.
I have my setting so log in is automatic when I load the home page.

Using iPad.
The first time the page loads it looks like it is complete, then a couple seconds later it jumps and sometimes there is a message in the area above the link bar

"We are now allowing you to add a link to your classified listing in your signature. Only one (1) link is permitted at any given time. The link title must be the same as your classified ad title. The link must be in the standard font size 2. Post padding to get your classified signature link aired more often is prohibited, however, the more legitimate posts you make, the more opportunity for others to see your item for sale."

Simultaneous with the message being populated it looks like the whole page resizes slightly (left/right borders) and also at this time the ad at the top of the right column is populated.

All following times the home page loads there is no message above the link bar but after the page appears to be loaded a second or two later it resizes a little bit (left/right borders) and the top ad in the right column is populated.

The iPad handles going back better than the computer, one swipe takes me back one page.

Some, maybe most, of this is just the way ipad works and is not criticism just feedback.

I don't use the iPad app much because I like the full site better than just what the forum app displays.
I do use the android app on my phone quite a bit and it works well.

The following is criticism....
When I am using a PC (win7 pro and IE)... I am assuming it is the way the ads load ... But the back button in IE is pretty much worthless.
It takes 10's of very rapid clicks to navigate back a single page.
There's really no excuse for that.
The ads should load as part of the page and one click should take me back one page.

·
Administrator
482 Posts
For me the 'jumping' is in the website, not the app.
I have my setting so log in is automatic when I load the home page.

Using iPad.
The first time the page loads it looks like it is complete, then a couple seconds later it jumps and sometimes there is a message in the area above the link bar

"We are now allowing you to add a link to your classified listing in your signature. Only one (1) link is permitted at any given time. The link title must be the same as your classified ad title. The link must be in the standard font size 2. Post padding to get your classified signature link aired more often is prohibited, however, the more legitimate posts you make, the more opportunity for others to see your item for sale."

Simultaneous with the message being populated it looks like the whole page resizes slightly (left/right borders) and also at this time the ad at the top of the right column is populated.

All following times the home page loads there is no message above the link bar but after the page appears to be loaded a second or two later it resizes a little bit (left/right borders) and the top ad in the right column is populated.

The iPad handles going back better than the computer, one swipe takes me back one page.

Some, maybe most, of this is just the way ipad works and is not criticism just feedback.

I don't use the iPad app much because I like the full site better than just what the forum app displays.
I do use the android app on my phone quite a bit and it works well.

The following is criticism....
When I am using a PC (win7 pro and IE)... I am assuming it is the way the ads load ... But the back button in IE is pretty much worthless.
It takes 10's of very rapid clicks to navigate back a single page.
There's really no excuse for that.
The ads should load as part of the page and one click should take me back one page.
With Regards to the IE portion you mentioned, what version of the browser and is the site on your compatibility list? IE 10 and above is known to have strange issues loading sites and this is the fix for that.

KN

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the new software update for my I Pad yesterday. No changes. Screen still turns black when logging in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts