Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Do they have a receiver that they can attach the iPhone to instead of a stand alone unit? For example Onkyo has a dock that plugs directly into the Onkyo receiver and works really well. Yamaha, Denon, Marantz and other brands also have them for their prospective receivers.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No receiver in their bedroom, thus the idea that this might be nice. My one daughter has ear buds and my other daughter got a set to those "Dr. Dre" cans that are real popular right now. They don't impress me...but hey, my ears are a bit more picky. They have laptops that they hook to and my desktop downstairs, they love to hook it up to my truck system. I'm just not so much of a techno junkie that such stuff interests me. I just listen to my system & thats enough. I'm surprised these aren't on sale anywhere or cheaper on the net. Seems like I can only find them @ $98 or $99. Sony may have price limits set.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An update on the docks.

I called Best Buy because they price match & come to find out, even though there is a price match logo on their add, they don't price match since they are not the primary seller. A quick look at the item again on the BB site show Buy.com as the seller. So I tell the man thank you & proceed to the Amazon site to make the purchace.

As do many sites, this one offers other puchases on their links & I notice the CMTV50IP advertised for $2 more.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666442155

So I go to the Sony web site to read about it. It has twice the power & a headphone jack + will dock a tablet as well. I call Sony to talk to a sales associate & to make a long story short, they price match the add, upgrade the shipping & they will be at my house Wednesday.

hjones4841, I did try to look at some Visio models, I'm not a Sams member & our Costco didn't have them. WalMart didn't have them either so I went with the Sony's. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Final update:

The docks arrived Wednesday as planned. The kids were very excited with them, actually said they were the best presents they got this year :kiss:.

Wow! Could my kids be getting addicted to this HT/audio stuff like me!!!??? :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts