Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
whoa, good to know. wish i had some sort of mic to do some testing of mine to see what happens.

any idea why it boosts instead of cuts? and that's a big boost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is probably a self explanatory thread, but could you give some sort of summary. Forums are hard to follow for me. To me it just seems like the more powerful setting is bad?

·
Registered
306 Posts
It seems weird that people are referring to the extreme peak in response as a good thing because sensitivity goes up. some may think this, I do not. I dont want that massive peak in the response.

In short the posts are saying that having the Low freq filter on channel 2 causes a massive peak in output at ~30hz because the 2nd channel is inverted and thus the cut becomes a boost in the signal. This does increase sensitivity as its outputting more per input then before, but it also creates a huge spike in output around a specific freq.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It did not work out for me anyway. Something went unstable with it set up like that, the sub was making long winded fart sounds that slowly withered away after 20 seconds or so. Then a new LFE low noise would come on, and start it all over again.
So it is back to the normal, standard configuration.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Who is using a 30Hz HPF anyway?

And yeah... as Rodny said... we got the news first here at the Shack. It was copied from here to there. :whistling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts