Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm planning on building an IB. My movie room is 15.5W x 27L x 8H the garage (otherside of the IB) is 28W x 30L x 8H. My loose plan was to make a IB with 4 18's in the right corner where my svs PB ultras are located. I already have a ep2500 to power them. So my question is what drivers do I need? Also ...is there a build thread that I can cheat off of? Preferably one with step by step instructions. Thanks guys

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi guys, I'm planning on building an IB. My movie room is 15.5W x 27L x 8H the garage (otherside of the IB) is 28W x 30L x 8H. My loose plan was to make a IB with 4 18's in the right corner where my svs PB ultras are located. I already have a ep2500 to power them. So my question is what drivers do I need? Also ...is there a build thread that I can cheat off of? Preferably one with step by step instructions. Thanks guys
I'd check out Fi Car Audio IB3 18's. I have four of the Gen 1 units and they are awesome. They have 2 Ohm and 4 Ohm versions. If you model them you'll see they do best with around 350 Watts per driver. Next look at the bench testing for your amp to find it how many watts each driver will get if you do two pairs of 4 Ohm drivers wired parallel (tough on the amp) or two pairs of 2 Ohm drivers in series (easier on the amp). The other thing to think of is the amount of bass and shaking going into the garage will be as much as what goes into the home theater. That means stuff in there will rattle (which may be heard from your HT) and you're subs will be easily heard by your neighbors. Lastly, your subs allow heat transfer so if you garage is quite a bit hotter or cooler than your HT then that will affect the ambient temps in your HT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts