Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I’m new to the forum, and I’ve been contemplating building an IB for some time. I currently have two Dayton Audio 12” reference subwoofers in sealed enclosures that I built about three years ago. They’ve definitely treated me well. I recently moved into a new house with a nice large attack directly above my living room with very easy access for building an IB. I’ve been thinking about simply removing the drivers from my sealed enclosures and using the plate amplifiers to build an infinite baffle using only those two drivers since I can do it for free. The QTS on these drivers is .39, and I know .7 is the ideal range for IB. My question is, would I be better off leaving these in their sealed enclosures as they currently sit, or would they give me better performance in an IB setup? I realize it would be better with 15” or 18” drivers, but my main question is whether simply changing these drivers from a sealed box to IB would give a better listening experience. I’ve attached the specs for the driver

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: IB Dayton 12” reference series

Not sure how they would do with an xmax of 14. you could model them in Unibox and see where your SPL is without exceeding the xmax

1 - 2 of 2 Posts