Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys deal with sound isolation? Or do you just let the rest of the house shake? :hsd: :D I'm trying to decide if IB is right for me - the HT is below the kitchen in the basement and the IB chamber would be to the side which has the laundry room above it. It seems (to me at least) that all the sound isolation techniques (RSIC clips, Green Glue, etc.) would lose their value since you still have the subs outside of the room. Did you do any treatment in your IB back chamber?

Thanks!
Dave :spend:

·
Senior Shackster , Platinum Supporter
828 Posts
I've seen some pics at the cult of someone with some r19 without the paper behind the subs dont know if if it works :dontknow:
when i had my IB that was my major problem its was to loud all over d house, the noise level is going to be d same in your room and outside the room, that's why I build the LLT, the noise outside the room is not its bad anymore, I would said it cut the noise by at least 60%(outside the room)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Try posting the question over at the Cult. Usually lots of pink fluffy stuff should help. I don't have the problem even with my back space area is over the entire house. Maybe it is combo of having way more the the required 10 Vas and having lots of pink fluffy stuff up there. :huh:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have my attic space for the IB sealed of from the rest of the house and have lots of pink fluffy stuff and have zero sound in the rest of the house. really I am not exaggerating. Outside in the driveway now thats another story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts