Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Maelstrom 21" sealed in the front of the room, and I have a hankering for building an IB through the floor to a basement closet...but that's in the back of the room.

What sort of processor would I use to fix the timing/phase of a rear IB to match everything in the front of the room?

If it makes any difference, the room is about 25' deep, 15' wide, and 8 foot ceilings. The basement closet the manifold would go into is basically an under the stairs closet, and has a door I could open or close to change the airspace on the backside of the IB.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well, I don't know. When frequencies are that low I don't think it matters that much, after all people always say "You can put your sub anywhere in the room as long as the frequency response is flat in the seating position"

I have a sub in the very back of my room. I put a very small time dealy on my mains so that the sound generated by the sub and the sound generated by the mains arrive at the seating position at exactly the same time. We're talking a few miliseconds at most tho so in all reality its probably not even detectable, it just makes me feel good.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It really depends on the distance from the seating position to the sub and the room modes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
SVS AS_EQ1 or audyssey sub equalizer will solve all of these issues for you. Expensive, but it's what I'd recommend for getting two subs to play well together.

I'm sure someone else would be able to give a cheaper alternative, but seeing how you're using top notch subs, I'd want to get the most out of them which is what I've recommended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts