Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know that neither of us will start name calling, rounding up a posse to try and discredit the other, ask the mods to lock and delete the thread, start including pictures of scantily clad women in an attempt to divert attention from the main issues, or secretly remove previously attached graphs :rolleyes: :demon:
I'm off on a trip, I'll respond to this in 3 weeks (only to never respond to it again), proposing new, unrelated questions in a blatant attempt to get out of the hot seat, questioning the legitimacy of ground plane measurements (cause we all know testing on a 40' pole is the ONLY way to get accurate results :rolleyes: ), inferring that an amp's metal casing determines its quality, talking about sick family members to try and gain pitty, talking about drinking martinis to try and seem "cool", talking about how much more money I have than everyone else, and so on and so forth. Each more ridiculous than the next, yet it has become common fare :wits-end:
Hehe, good stuff Steve :R :T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... you'd think he'd hang around with us a little and be sociable. :huh: I know he's been car shopping lately.

·
Senior Shackster , Platinum Supporter
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I'm alive!!:bigsmile:

I've been little busy at work and home and shopping for a car.

I'm not worried about the noise the sub makes when I played the 10Hz, so far we have watched a couple of movies and I love the end results, you can't even hear the noise when you play music or movies :wave:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm curious.. How do you determine where to place something like this? Sub placement is critical in a normal sense, but with these you are pretty much locked to a single position. What if that position is really bad?

·
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #176

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Will do, thanks!

I'm in the process of planning my new house, so this is definetly something to take into consideration. My basement theatre will have an unused room adjacent, so there will be no issues placing a huge box in there. Would save some space in the theater.

·
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Hey Maverick!

One of the things why I went to a LLT from my IB was because the noise on the attic(it traveled all over the house)
and try something new, and the end results........outstanding!:hsd:

Good luck on your HT!!:T

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks, man!

I've been looking at some prices for Soundsplinter and Behringer 2500. Will 4 RL-p 15" require 2 or 4 amps? They are dirt cheap if they perform as well as you guys claim. I currently have a PB12+/2 with a 20Hz tune, and I'm happy with it, I just want more precision and impact.

·
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Thanks, man!

I've been looking at some prices for Soundsplinter and Behringer 2500. Will 4 RL-p 15" require 2 or 4 amps? They are dirt cheap if they perform as well as you guys claim. I currently have a PB12+/2 with a 20Hz tune, and I'm happy with it, I just want more precision and impact.

You can do two amps with no problem, I had two but sold one because the breaker it was only 15 amps and needed some space for more equipment:bigsmile:,

I had the dual 4 ohm series and them parallel to 4 ohm bridge on each amp, now I'm looking for a new amp that it can do about 2000 watts @ 8 ohm bridge.

Now I have a 30 amp breaker just for the system but still don't have enough room for two amps:crying:

:T

161 - 180 of 181 Posts