Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud does it get in the open air area of an IB installation?

would this area be useable (by normal people) while the speakers are operational?

Thanks,

·
Registered
42 Posts
How loud does it get in the open air area of an IB installation?

would this area be useable (by normal people) while the speakers are operational?

Thanks,
If it is 110db 10 feet from the IB in the listening room, it will be 110db 10 feet from the backside of the IB in the other room. That is just a simplified example because the room size on both sides is a factor. But for most situations, it is the same volume (db) on both sides.

-Robert

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
What Robert_J said. I guess it depends on how loud you watch and what you would define as usable. If it's me watching movies, nobody in that room would stand a chance :bigsmile::hsd:

What are you thinking of building? If using that room rules out IB we can help you out with some other options.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this winter I'm planning to build

1: a pair of Statements and the Statement Center.
2: CIH 2.35:1 Acoustically Transparent 12' Screen
3: Dual 15" Sound Splinters maybe? I'd really love to clone my yamaha yst-1500 also.

The IB setup will not work for me since I would have to use my screen wall which dumps into my Utility Room. The hassle of insulating all the duct work and ceiling will be too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts